Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Associations between polypharmacy, symptom burden, and quality of life in patients with advanced, life-limiting illness.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 559-566
- Rational prescribing for patients with a reduced life expectancy.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009; 85: 103-107
NHPCO. National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization Hospice Medicine Deprescribing Toolkit. 2020: 1-32.
- Deprescribing cholinesterase inhibitors and memantine in dementia: guideline summary.Med J Aust. 2019; 210: 174-179
- Evaluation of time to benefit of statins for the primary prevention of cardiovascular events in adults aged 50 to 75 Years. A meta-analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2021; 181: 179-185
- Atorvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus undergoing hemodialysis.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 238-248
- Rosuvastatin and cardiovascular events in patients undergoing hemodialysis.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1395-1407
- Statin-associated muscle symptoms: impact on statin therapy-European atherosclerosis society consensus Panel statement on assessment, aetiology and management.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 1012-1022
- Statin-associated side effects.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 2395-2410
- Statins and risk of incident diabetes: a collaborative meta-analysis of randomised statin trials.Lancet. 2010; 375: 735-742
- Meta-analysis of impact of different types and doses of statins on new-onset diabetes mellitus.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 111: 1123-1130
- Safety and benefit of discontinuing statin therapy in the setting of advanced, life limiting illness: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 691-700
- Improving diabetes care for hospice patients.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2016; 33: 517-519
- Hypoglycemia in hospice patients with type 2 diabetes in a national sample of nursing homes.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 713-715
- Trends in emergency department visit rates for hypoglycemia and hyperglycemic crisis among adults with diabetes, United States, 2006-2011.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0134917
- Deprescribing.org. Guidelines and algorithms: antihyperglycemics deprescribing algorithm. 2018: 1-2.(Available at:)Accessed December 20, 2021)
- Management of diabetes in long-term care and skilled nursing facilities: a position statement of the American diabetes association.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 308-318
- 12. Older adults: Standards of medical Care in diabetes-2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S152-S162https://doi.org/10.2337/dc20-S012
- Fast facts and concepts #258: diabetes management at end-of-life. Reviewed september 2015.(Available at:)Accessed August 24, 2020)
- An approach to diabetes mellitus in hospice and palliative medicine.J Palliat Med. 2011; 14: 83-87
- The diabetic hospice patient: incorporating evidence and medications into goals of care.J Hosp Palliat Nurs. 2011; 13 (Available at:): 356-365
- Deprescribing in palliative care.Clin Med (Lond). 2019; 19: 311-314
- Modification of cardiovascular pharmacotherapy in palliative care patients with cancer: a narrative review.Pol Arch Intern Med. 2017; 127: 687-693
- Prevalence of preventive and symptomatic drug treatments in hospice care: an Italian observational study.Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2019; 36: 216-221
- Inhalation technique errors with metered-dose inhalers among patients with obstructive lung diseases: a systematic review and meta-analysis of U.S. Studies.Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2019; 6: 267-280
- Assessment of the inhalation technique in outpatients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease using a metered-dose inhaler or dry powder device.J Asthma. 1998; 35: 273-279
- Challenges in end-of-life communication in COPD.Breathe. 2007; 4 (Available at:): 133-139
- Palliative care consultant: guidelines for effective management of symptoms.4th edition. HospiScript Services, Montgomery (AL)2015: 225-229
- Safety of long-term PPI therapy.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2013; 27: 443-454
- Deprescribing proton pump inhibitors: evidence-based clinical practice guideline.Can Fam Physician May. 2017; 63: 354-364
- Fast facts and concepts #321 deprescribing. Palliative care network of Wisconsin.(Available at:)Accessed December 20, 2021)
- The development and evaluation of an oncological palliative care deprescribing guideline: the 'OncPal deprescribing guideline.Support Care Cancer. 2015; 23: 71-78
- STOPPFrail (Screening Tool of Older Persons Prescriptions in Frail adults with limited life expectancy): consensus validation.Age Ageing. 2017; 46: 600-607