Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Global burden of disease. 2013. Available at: http://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(15)60692-4.
- Prevalence and predictors of depression in populations of elderly: a review.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2006; 113: 372-387
- Increased medical costs of a population-based sample of depressed elderly patients.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003; 60: 897-903
- Does growing old increase the risk for depression?.Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154: 1384-1390
- Chronic diseases and risk for depression in old age: a meta-analysis of published literature.Ageing Res Rev. 2010; 9: 131-141
- Depression in older people in the general hospital: a systematic review of screening instruments.Age Ageing. 2012; 41: 148-154
- Validation of the five-item geriatric depression scale in elderly subjects in three different settings.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 694-698
- Comparison of the 15-item geriatric depression scale (GDS-15) and the GDS-4 during screening for depression in an in-patient geriatric patient group.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 171-172
- Which version of the geriatric depression scale is most useful in medical settings and nursing homes? Diagnostic validity meta-analysis.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2010; 18: 1066-1077
- Factors attenuating the validity of the geriatric depression scale in a dementia population.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1992; 40: 906-909
- Validity of the patient health questionnaire 2 (PHQ-2) in identifying major depression in older people.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2007; 55: 596-602
- Monitoring depression treatment outcomes with the patient health questionnaire-9.Med Care. 2004; 42: 1194-1201
Espinoza R, Unützer J. Diagnosis and management of late-life depression. In: Roy-Byrne P, Schmader KE, editors. UpToDate. Available at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/diagnosis-and-management-of-late-life-depression.
- A practical approach to assess depression risk and to guide risk reduction strategies in later life.Int Psychogeriatr. 2011; 23: 280-291
- Final data for 2000.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2002; 50: 1-119
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.5th edition. Author, Washington, DC2013
- Risk factors for suicide in later life.Biol Psychiatry. 2002; 52: 193-204
- The interpersonal theory of suicide.Psychol Rev. 2010; 117: 575-600
- Depression, mortality, and medical morbidity in patients with coronary heart disease.Biol Psychiatry. 2003; 54: 241-247
- Overview of depression and psychosis in Alzheimer's disease.Am J Psychiatry. 1989; 146: 577-589
- The pattern and course of cognitive impairment in late-life depression.Psychol Med. 2010; 40: 591-602
- Depressive symptoms and cognitive decline in non-demented elderly: a prospective study.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999; 56: 425-430
- Depressed mood and the incidence of Alzheimer's disease in the elderly living in the community.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1996; 53: 175-182
- The course of geriatric depression with “reversible dementia”: a controlled study.Am J Psychiatry. 1993; 150: 1693-1699
- Long-term follow-up of depressive pseudodementia of the aged.Can J Psychiatry. 1989; 34: 445-446
- History of depression as a risk factor for dementia: an updated review.Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2001; 35: 776-781
- Interaction between genetic and environmental risk factors for Alzheimer's disease: a reanalysis of case-control studies.Genet Epidemiol. 1994; 11: 539-551
- The Saint Louis University Mental Status (SLUMS) Examination for detecting mild cognitive impairment and dementia is more sensitive than the MiniMentalStatus Examination (MMSE)—a pilot study.Am J Geriatr Psych. 2006; 14: 900-910
- The rapid cognitive screen (RCS): a point-of-care screening for dementia and mild cognitive impairment.J Nutr Health Aging. 2015; 19: 741-744
- Increased suicide risk and clinical correlates of suicide among patients with Parkinson's disease.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2016; 32: 102-107
- The comorbidity of anxiety and depressive symptoms in older adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a longitudinal study.J Affect Disord. 2013; 148: 220-227
- Development of a brief validated geriatric depression screening tool: the SLU “AM SAD”.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2015; 23: 780-783