Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Reasons why physicians do not have discussions about poor prognosis, why it matters, and what can be improved.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 2715-2717
- Setting goals to maintain hope.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 570-574
- Evidence on the cost and cost effectiveness of palliative care: a literature review.Palliat Med. 2014; 28: 130-150
NCCN guidelines for supportive care. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp#survivorship. Accessed July 30, 2016.
Goodlin S. Framework for improving care. In: American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine bulletin. Available at: http://www.aahpm.org. Accessed July 30, 2016.
- Practical issues in palliative and quality-of-life care.J Oncol Pract. 2013; 9: 78-80
WHO definition of palliative care. Available at: http://www.who.int/cancer/pallaitive/defination/en. Accessed August 1, 2016.
Global atlas of palliative care at the end of life. Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance and World Health Organization. Available at: http://www.who.int/nmh/Global_Atlas_of_Palliative_Care.pdf. Accessed August 1, 2016.
- Is care for the dying improving in the United States?.J Palliat Med. 2015; 18: 662-666
- Integrating palliative care in the nursing home: an interprofessional opportunity.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014; 15: 863-865
- Interaction of palliative care and primary care.Clin Geriatr Med. 2015; 31: 207-218
- Patients’ expectations about effects of chemotherapy for advanced cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 367: 1616-1625
- Talking to patients about dying.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 481
- Extent and determinants of error in doctor’s prognoses in terminally ill patients: prospective cohort study.BMJ. 2000; 320: 469-472
- Surrogate decision-makers’ perspective on discussing prognosis in the face of uncertainty.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 179: 48-53
- Historical perspective; what has changed? Practical guide to palliative care.Lippincott, 2007: 10-11
- Death in modern society.in: Doyle D. Oxford textbook of medicine. 2nd edition. Oxford University Press, New York1998: 1-5
- Introduction.in: Doyle D. Oxford textbook of medicine. 2nd edition. Oxford University Press, New York1998: 33
- The transition from “diagnose and treat” to “palliate” practical guide to palliative care.Lippincott, 2007: 8-9
- Cancer pain relief and palliative care. Technical report series 804.World Health Organization, Geneva (Switzerland)1990
Caring Connections - What is hospice? Available at: http://www.caringinfo.org. Accessed August 2, 2016.
- “How long do I have?” practical guide to palliative care.Lippincott, 2007: 89-90
CMS LCD L32015 Hospice determining terminal status. Available at: http://www.nhpco.org/nhpco/ensuring-compliant-hospice-admission-determining-eligibility-prognosis. Accessed August 2, 2016.
- Palliative performance scale. Practical guide to palliative care.Lippincott, 2007: 95-96