Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Geriatric Medicine
- Geographic variation in outpatient antibiotic prescribing among older adults.Arch Intern Med. 2012; 127: 1465-1471
- Antibiotic prescribing in 4 assisted-living communities: incidence and potential for improvement.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: S62-S68
- Prevalence of antimicrobial use among United States nursing home residents: results of a national survey.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 661-662
- Patterns of antimicrobial use among nursing home residents with advanced dementia.Arch Intern Med. 2008; 168: 357-362
- Antibiotic prescribing for adults in ambulatory care in the USA, 2007–09.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014; 69: 234-240
- Antimicrobial use in long-term-care facilities.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000; 21: 537-545
- Antibiotic use in long-term-care facilities: many unanswered questions.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2000; 21: 680-683
- Emergency department visits for antibiotic-associated adverse events.Clin Infect Dis. 2008; 47: 735-743
- Medication use leading to emergency department visits for adverse drug events in older adults.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147: 755-765
- Risk factors for adverse drug events among older adults in the ambulatory setting.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004; 52: 1349-1354
- Aging and the human gut microbiota—from correlation to causality.Front Microbiol. 2015; 5: 1-4
- Infection prevention and control in the long-term–care facility.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2008; 29: 785-814
- Therapeutic drug monitoring in the geriatric patient.in: Murphy J.E. Clinical pharmacokinetics. American Society for Health-System Pharmacists, Bethesda (MD)2012: 45-71
- Chapter 8: general principles of pharmacology.in: Halter J.B. Ouslander J.G. Tinetti M.E. Hazzard's geriatric medicine and gerontology. 6th edition. McGraw Hill Medical, San Francisco (CA)2009
- Pharmacology.in: Yoshikawa T.T. Rajagopalan S. Antibiotic therapy for geriatric patients. Taylor & Francis, New York2006: 67-76
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics issues in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseases.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2004; 23: 271-288
- Drug metabolism in older people—a key consideration in achieving optimal outcomes with medicines.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2012; 67: 175-180
- Review on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics and the aging kidney.Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010; 5: 314-327
- Clinical practice guideline for the evaluation of fever and infection in older adult residents of long-term care facilities: 2008 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2009; 48: 149-171
- Infectious disease.in: Ham R.J. Sloane P.D. Warshaw G.A. Primary care geriatrics: a case-based approach. 6th edition. Saunders, Philadelphia2014: 512-534
- Development of minimum criteria for the initiation of antibiotics in residents of long-term-care facilities: results of a consensus conference.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2001; 22: 120-124
- Staphylococcus.in: Schlossberg D. Clinical infectious disease. Cambridge University Press, New York2014: 985-990
- Ceftolozane/tazobactam plus metronidazole for complicated intra-abdominal infections in an era of multidrug resistance: results from a randomized, double-blind, phase 3 trial (ASPECT-cIAI).Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: 1462-1471
- Ceftazidime-avibactam: a novel cephalosporin/β-lactamase inhibitor combination.Drugs. 2013; 73: 159-177
- The Michigan appropriateness guide for intravenous catheters (MAGIC): results from a multispecialty panel using the RAND/UCLA appropriateness method.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: S1-S40
- Practice guidelines for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: 1651-1672
- Hypersensitivity to antibiotics.in: Schlossberg D. Clinical infectious disease. Cambridge University Press, New York2014: 1371-1382
- Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole-induced hyperkalemia in patients receiving inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system: a population-based study.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1045-1049
- Potentially harmful drug-drug interactions in the elderly: a review.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011; 9: 364-377
- Warfarin-antibiotic interactions in older adults of an outpatient anticoagulation clinic.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2012; 10: 352-360
- Warfarin interactions with antibiotics in the ambulatory care setting.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 409-416
- Antifungal drugs.in: Yoshikawa T.T. Rajagopalan S. Antibiotic therapy for geriatric patients. Taylor & Francis, New York2006: 337-351
- Linezolid-associated peripheral and optic neuropathy, lactic acidosis, and serotonin syndrome.Pharmacotherapy. 2007; 27: 1189-1197
- Antimicrobial-associated QT interval prolongation: points of interest.Clin Infect Dis. 2006; 43: 1603-1611
- Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship.Clin Infect Dis. 2007; 44: 159-177
- Antimicrobial stewardship in long term care facilities: what is effective?.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2014; 3: 6
National action plan for combatting antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Available at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/national_action_plan_for_combating _antibotic-resistant_bacteria.pdf. Accessed September 25, 2015.
Conflicts of Interest: None.